Vintage Camper Makeover Reveal!!

Vintage Caravan Camper Makeover Green White Scallops

I can’t believe we finally finished the Sprite! It’s come a long way from what it looked like when we bought it 7 months ago.

Before….

vintage caravan camper makeover - before 1968 Sprite

vintage  caravan camper makeover - before dining table

Vintage Caravan Camper Makeover - sleeping area

Vintage Caravan Camper Makeover - diy word art

Vintage Caravan Camper Makeover - Sprite

Vintage Caravan Camper Makeover - blue ball mason jars

Vintage Caravan Camper Makeover - clock

Vintage Caravan Camper Makeover - art

Vintage Caravan Camper Makeover - flooring mat

Thank you for following along on our journey. I hope you enjoyed the pics! Please feel free to subscribe and leave a comment. I’d love to know what you think about it!

Share it!Share on FacebookShare on Google+Pin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterShare on TumblrEmail this to someone

34 thoughts on “Vintage Camper Makeover Reveal!!

1. valerie stokes says:

Wow, what a spectacular job. You and Josee could always have a future in this if you needed too.
    Amazing!!!!

2. Robin Hinnant says:

Looks cute! Can you travel with it or is it just for a backyard? Looks like a hinge on the marble cabinet top? Does that hide a stove and/or a sink?

• Jolie Dionne says:

Thanks Robin! We can travel with it, although we haven’t had a chance to yet since we just finished it , but hopefully before the summer is over :) and yes, the cabinet tops do hide a stove and a sink.

• Robin Hinnant says:

Hope you get to make a trip soon and christen it for the road with a bottle of champagne (of course not when driving, haha!) :)

3. Meghan says:

This looks amazing, well done! My husband and I always talk about renovating an old camper but we are so afraid of getting in over our heads. What are some tips for finding a little camper like this that really only needs a facelift? Thank you!

• Jolie Dionne says:

Thanks Meghan! Our biggest concern with buying a camper this old was water damage and rust. When we went to look at it back in December my husband crawled underneath to look for rust before we bought it. Also, it had recently passed inspection which was important to us since it meant it wasn’t sitting for a long time without being used. Inside we did find some water damage in one corner so we replaced a piece of the masonite and took a look at the framing while we had it open. I’m sure eventually we’ll need to do repairs but as of right now we don’t see any major issues.

4. Tanya says:

You did an amazing job on this! I love it! Did you replace the cabinets or paint them? What a remarkable transformation. Same question for the refrigerator.

5. Lori says:

Is the dinette table the original? I am looking for a table similar to that for my camper.

Beautiful renovation!

Thanks!

6. tom says:

this looks great! thank you for sharing – do you have any pictures on how the table folds down and how the bed would come together? I am trying to figure out how to make that happen for my trailer.
    thanks

• Jolie Dionne says:

Thanks for liking it! I didn’t take any pictures of the bed but I am planning on posting a quick video soon of the exterior/interior and I can include a clip of how the bed is set-up. Basically there are two brackets on the wall that the dining table fits into and when you are ready to make the bed you just unhook the dining table from the wall and it fits perfectly between the two seats.

7. Sherri says:

This is ADORABLE!!! Honestly, it’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. I’m now hunting for my own vintage Sprite so I can have one, too! Did you freehand the scalloped edge, or did you have some kind of template to follow? Great job!!

8. Stephanie says:

So fun to see your “new” little Sprite – inside and out! It is so very similar to my 1974 Canadian EEE – the floor plan anyway. You did a wonderful job bringing her back to her glory!